189. Listen Up! Don't Make These 3 Mistakes With Your Contracts with Casey Handy-Smith
In this episode, we talk about...
- The stigma around contracts meaning you don’t trust someone and why legal “stuff” is so important when starting your business
- Getting contracts from Google, free sources, and peers - why it is dangerous and why understanding the terms in your contract is so important
- Different types of contracts in the online marketing world
- Making updating your terms and contracts part of your systems - this just got added to the SSM quarterly task list!
About our guest
Casey Handy-Smith is an entertainment and digital media attorney specializing in contract negotiation for influencers and creatives. Over the past 5 years, she has helped clients navigate the legal-side of building sustainable and scalable businesses that brands can’t wait to work with. Casey is also the founder of Contracts by Casey, where she offers contract templates that provide the clarity and business confidence creative entrepreneurs want and need.
Rate, review + subscribe
"Jordan's voice is the perfect blend of Fergie and Jesus."
If you're thinking that (or something similar), please consider rating or reviewing my show! It helps me support more business owners just like you navigate success with the support of systems.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate 5 stars + choose "write a review." Then type your deepest sincerest thoughts about the show.
Also if you haven't already, make sure to subscribe so you don't miss out on any more of our twice a week episodes. Subscribe to the podcast, now!