206. How to Build a Contingency Plan as a Normal Part of Business with Diane Mayor
In this episode, we talk about...
- The importance of having a contingency plan rather than not thinking about it and waiting for crisis to strike
- The two basic types of contingency plans Diane recommends for most small businesses - sickness of key people + malfunction of automated systems
- Back up plans for system failures during launches
- Back up plans for key person illness or emergency
- How to write an effective out of office message
- Effective delegation of crisis type tasks + communication of that delegation
- Keeping things simple
- How to create a recipient-centric autoresponder that people can actually do something with
Links mentioned in the episode
- Google Docs
About our guest:
Diane’s a business strategist who helps entrepreneurs build successful lifestyle businesses.
With over a decade of experience in corporate, Diane knows exactly how to take small businesses from decision fatigue and information overwhelm to confidently taking the right action in the right way with the right people for their business. Diane is a Book Yourself Solid Certified Coach and Fixed This Next Certified Advisor.
In her spare time, this spreadsheet crazy, puzzle-solving, systems nerd is passionate about travel, live events, coffee and Converse though not always in that order.
Rate, review + subscribe
"Jordan's voice is the perfect blend of Fergie and Jesus."
If you're thinking that (or something similar), please consider rating or reviewing my show! It helps me support more business owners just like you navigate success with the support of systems.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate 5 stars + choose "write a review." Then type your deepest sincerest thoughts about the show.
Also if you haven't already, make sure to subscribe so you don't miss out on any more of our twice a week episodes. Subscribe to the podcast, now!