218. How to Prepare For Your Client Renewal Conversation With Ease with Nikki Rausch
In this episode, we talk about...
- Why over-planning is detrimental to the renewal conversation
- How to pre-frame the conversation and set expectations for what will be discussed
- What we can do to get the client to notice / celebrate wins along the way
- The appropriate amount of lead time to discuss renewal before the contract is set to end
- Strategic ways to assertively lead the conversation
- The importance of asking for permission to share new ideas for the partnership
- The value of pausing and pacing during the conversation to get the most out of it
- Finding balance of getting out of your head and focusing on the client’s perspective
- Nikki’s forewarning to not continue selling after the close
- Sticking to your packages and not offering too many ways to work with you
- What to do when you get a no and how to ask for applicable feedback
Tools mentioned in the episode
- Google calendar
About our guest:
After 25 years of experience selling to such prestigious organizations as The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Hewlett-Packard, and NASA, Nikki Rausch decided to trade in her road warrior status so she could help entrepreneurs sell in a way that builds relationships, creates true connection, and results in more closed deals and long-term clients. Now, as a sales coach, author, speaker and founder of Sales Maven, Nikki transforms the misunderstood process of “selling” into techniques, tools, and tips that can be successfully incorporated into a process replicable by anyone whose livelihood relies on selling a product, a service, or themselves. When she's not helping business owners move their clients along the 'Selling Staircase', Nikki enjoys taking in all the beauty that living in the Pacific Northwest affords her.
Rate, review + subscribe
"Jordan's voice is the perfect blend of Fergie and Jesus."
If you're thinking that (or something similar), please consider rating or reviewing my show! It helps me support more business owners just like you navigate success with the support of systems.
Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate 5 stars + choose "write a review." Then type your deepest sincerest thoughts about the show.
Also if you haven't already, make sure to subscribe so you don't miss out on any more of our twice a week episodes. Subscribe to the podcast, now!